Tuesday 21 April 2009

Blue is the Colour!

My search for an adversary worthy of my Victorian Science Fiction army is over at long last courtesy of SPACE CAPTAIN SMITH by Toby Frost.

Imagine GZG Ixx as the Ghast Empire hive intent on exterminating square jawed Victorian hero, Captain Isambard Smith, his eclectic crew, oh and all humanoid life!

I've only just begun this frivolous Victorian Sci Fi homage to Flashman, but loving it already and left somewhat inspired.......

......And my painting is too, following yesterday's good talking to by myself. This evening I finished 'Blue' Spartan Platoon No.1, Company Command and two scout/recce bases. OK, not a lot of figures compared to what I could potentially achieve in an evening after work, maybe, but through breaking down the task into smaller much more manageable chunks, I'm actually enjoying what I'm doing. So much so that I also completed from scratch an unplanned and very much ad hoc 'strike platoon' (blue armour, silver helmets and green visors). And oh! They do look cool!

But, it didn't stop there! Bouyed up, I also converted a couple of spare New Israeli minis into Vargr Mercs using Wolf Beast Heads from Peter Pig (Range 6, pack 42).

(pics to follow once green stuff is dry)

All in all a successful but more importantly, enjoyable evening!

Cheers
Mark

6 comments:

  1. Great book, I love all the SciFi references.

    I just got the second one am looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Space Captain Smith is an excellent read! Book two, God Emperor of Didcot has been released and book three is due soon (Smith versus Evil Lemming men or some such excitement!)

    The chap who wrote them is a wargamer and had a rather interesting blog but its not been updated for quite a bit but had some victorian sci-fi goodness using GW stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the wolf-head conversions. They also have lizard and rabbit heads.

    This tempts me to do a unit of Blackjack O'Hare and his Black Bunny Brigade from Rocket Raccoon comics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the rabbit heads. Thanks for the tip Hexxenhammer! I do have a pack of the lizard heads but they have temporarily got lost in a drawer somewhere.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete