Thursday 3 September 2009

'O' GROUP....... Ultra-tech FWC Mech Battlegroup

.
Heather bought me a little extra for my birthday from GZG - 2x V15-55A Advanced Heavy Grav Tanks & 4x V15-56A Advanced Grav Lift Assault Vehicles. These are destined to create the 'sabre' elements for a FWC Ultra-tech Mech (Grav Panzergrenadier) Battlegroup. Here's a rough TOE I've sketched out:

HQ Company will comprise a GZG V15-57A Advanced Grav Fire Support Missile Vehicle & v15-58A Advanced Grav Command Vehicle plus two Old Crow Grav Outrider Scout Vehicles.

I'm planning the 'boots' for this force to be Rebel Minis' new Infiltrators with plenty of embedded bots and UAV drones to act as force multipliers.

My vision for this Battlegroup is for the armour and MICVs to do most of the fighting. The dismounts, similar to those assigned to a Bradley 2, provide a network of human and electronic 'eyes and ears' capable of directing massive netted fires or supplementary bot/AI forces.

I like my tabletop TOEs to have the ability to be scaled up or down easily. In this case the Epsilons can just as easily be platoons or companies to suit the scenario.

Notice that with the exception of a single 'command' AFV in Epsilon HQ, command elements aren't defind. This is deliberate. I believe that Ultra-tech forces will be 'self-ordering'. Mission and intelligence updates, fire control and what we know of as 'orders' will constantly be fed into their individual 'crosscom' (a la GRAW2). The 'command' vehicle is a network node and uplink. If the main network goes down, it continues with the mission based on the last known updates and will try to link to other similar nodes for more Intel, mission updates and to share battle situational awareness data whihc can be fed into the overall mission profile for units to act upon whilst the main uplink is being restored.

Cheers
Mark
.

2 comments:

  1. Nice balanced TOE Mark. What sort of camo scheme are you going to use ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure Ian. They are NOT going to appear on my project list anytime soon. For me, it has to be a balance between something I like and something that screams it's Ultra-tech!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete